Saturday, January 22, 2011

For your viewing pleasure,

I give you: Lykke Li. One of my favorite female artists, hands down.
I first found Lykke Li on Black Cab Sessions singing "I'm Good, I'm Gone." Aaaaand instantly hooked. She's got this crazy-psycho-who-knows-exactly-what-she's-doing vibe that I dig, as well as her killer style. Originally coming to the arts as a dancer, all her songs are completely groove-able. Her first album "Youth Novels" came out in 2008 (please get it if you haven't already) and I've been biting my nails for her next one to arrive. Most people heard of her when she did a song called "Possibility" for the Twilight: New Moon film, which I loved as well.
Sadly though, I'm not a big fan of her new single "Get Some." But I did stumble upon two films that have reassured me her next album, "Wounded Rhymes" will be worth purchasing and wearing out.

The first is simply a teaser. No music.



And if that didn't spark your curiosity, here's a bit from her new album.

2 comments:

  1. She's def one of my faves. I listen to her on a playlist with Bon Iver and Grizzly Bear. It = greatness.

    ReplyDelete