Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Let's talk rugs.

As previously mentioned, I'm on a hunt for a few things and one of those is a new rug. When purchasing items like this I always have a problem choosing between the subtle/neutral or the bright/ecclectic. I really enjoy both. So striking a balance between them kind of feels like answering a trick question. I invariably talk myself out of one purchase, thinking I would rather have the other.

Here are a few that caught my eye yesterday:

Urban Outfitters. $38


Urban Outfitters. $34

Urban Outfitters. $34

Target. $25

West Elm. $70

Urban Outfitters. $48
(Also in red or mustard. I would never be able to choose between them.)


Urban Outfitters. $60
(I actually gathered a ton of old shirts and the latch hook grid to make one of these over the summer. Holy Moses. I did three rows and called it quits.)






You've probably noticed a couple themes here; e.g. florals, UO, and more UO. I guess that's another post altogether. The truth is I think rugs are generally overpriced. So, I'm finding myself more eager to get to the thrift store to play "American Pickers" and find some hidden treasures. Gosh, I love that show.

3 comments:

  1. I love these! I'm on the hunt for a living room area rug. It has proven to be the biggest task. I'm having commitment issues when it comes to decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spike TV has a new show called Auction Hunters that I like just as much as American Pickers. Perhaps you should give it a looksie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE American Pickers too! Why oh why don't we live near each other so we could thrift together? Life's just not fair.

    ReplyDelete